Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Milestones


I can't REALLY be old enough to be the Mom of a THIRD GRADER, can I? (Don't answer that). Holy cow, my baby started preschool this week, too. he looks like a little man in his uniform. When did all this happen? I used to be young and cool....ok, maybe young....never too cool. Now my babies are turning into little people. Several of my friends took their children off to their freshman year of college this year. They keep telling my time will fly by, and it certainly has. In honor of retaining some of my not-so-cool youth, tonight I'm watching Pretty In Pink (while I occasionally yell upstairs to remind my kids the meaning of "bedtime").


To top it off, I'm 4 days away from my first half iron distance race...70.3 miles. Thankfully the back-to-school craziness has been a good distraction. Now the pre-race nerves/anticipation have set in. I can't wait for the road trip to Cedar Point, and the sense of accomplishment I know I will feel when I cross the finish line.Having some of my family there will be awesome. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment