Sunday, February 20, 2011

Monday Rundown: Things That Go Fast

This week's rundown is inspired by some new finds, and the past week's events. On Wednesday I ended up in the ER for my rapid heart rate (6 times in 6 months). I'm doing a whole separate post on this so that I can share some fun stuff. Things that go fast.....

The Athletes at Rev3 Costa Rica:

I can't wait to hear more about this weekend's races in Costa Rica. I have been living vicariously all weekend through the Rev3 live coverage. It sounds like it was a hot weekend, but a great race. Congrats to all the finishers! Trakkers Teammate Andree won her age group in the Sprint, and I am waiting to hear about her Half Iron race today. Trakkers/Rev3 pro Courtenay Brown won the Sprint race overall, and Brian Fleischman and Richie Cunningham has 3rd and 4th place finishes in the Olympic race.

My New Blender:

Inspired by my teammates, I got a blender so I could start making smoothies. My favorite smoothie includes frozen bananas, chocolate protein powder, peanut butter, skim milk, and a cup of spinach. My husband and kids are completely grossed out by the last ingredient, but you honestly can't taste it. I just need to figure out something to eat about two hours later because I am always hungry again.

My New Avia Bolt IIs:

I can't wait to try these out. They came last week on the day I ended up in the hospital, so I didn't have a chance to test them out. I am hoping for a good run this week. They are really lightweight, with a high back to allow you to get them on easily in transition. They are also an awesome red color.

My son's cars on his new carpet:

Many thanks to my dear friend Kathi for "repurposing" some of her sons old toys. My son is loving driving them around...especially because there is a police station, firehouse, and hospital.

How fast I put on my new Recovery Pump when I get home from work:

The Recovery Pump is an awesome compression system which promotes venous blood flow during recovery. It helps with the removal of metabolic waste and lactic acid after exercise. They have been particularly awesome this week after some very long days at work. (This picture was taken during the first use, before they were inflated).

1 comment:

  1. Yay for a new blender!!! i'm using my recovery pump as I read/type this. I'm with you feels great after being on our feet all day!!!

    ReplyDelete