Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My First Trakkers Gear


On Tuesday morning, I got up at 5am to ride on the bike trainer. I was seriously dragging, but trying to stick with the schedule given to me by Coach Mike. I have definitely made progress (especially on the swim), so I need to keep up the motivation.

After a shower, getting the kids up, etc., I opened the front door to go start my car. There on the doorstep was a package. From the return address, I thought it was from Team Trakkers/Rev 3. Sure enough, I opened it and there were three (yes three!) Trakkers visors (Headsweats, no less), and a running cap. How cool is that?!?!?!?!?! I know a good portion of my team members have been sponsored before, so this is part of the routine. This was the first team apparel I have gotten (for a team I was actually on) since the T-shirt I got for playing co-ed Fire Department softball in the early 90s. Before that, it was the white satin jacket I got for winning the Maryland Small School League Basketball championships. A little perspective- my high school was 80 people. I was 5'1" (still am) and the point guard of the basketball team. Softball and soccer were coed because there weren't enough people. If you were at all athletic, you got to play whatever sport you wanted (what are tryouts?!). I am thankful for the opportunities I had there, but this is a new experience for me.

I was chosen for Team Trakkers based on my application (so I like to think my humor got me on the team, because my results aren't bad but aren't elite by any means). While triathlon is an individual sport, the community of triathletes is a wonderfully supportive "team". I am so thankful to be a part of Team Trakkers. It was so cool to get those visors in the mail.....talk about motivation to get up at 5am.....I don't want to let my team down!

No comments:

Post a Comment