Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Summing up 2009/Goals for 2010

2009 was quite a year for our family and for me personally. A few highlights:

- Our children continued to grow into awesome little people (my seven-year-old daughter into quite a young lady).
- Tommy and I seem to grow into better friends and partners every year. Parenting is definitely a bit easier when you share it with someone who is there to back you up and help you out.
- I got into the sport of triathlon, had a couple of podium finishes at (very) small races, and made it onto Team Trakkers!
- My family had an awesome trip to Luray, Va for the Luray Triathlon. We rented a cabin and really enjoyed our time together.
- Tommy was burned in a fire when his helmet got knocked off. It wasn't a huge burn, but did have areas of second and third degree burn and eventually required a skin graft. The experience definitely brought us even closer (and it was the first time I ever saw him under the effects of anesthesia- definitely entertaining). In all seriousness, he has healed well and the scars look like sunburn.
- I was awarded the Circle of Excellence Award by the American Association of Critical Care Nurses. This will happen officially at their conference in D.C. this May. The very cool part is that my husband can be there to see me receive the award!

Obviously a lot more happened in 2009, but these were some of the big things.

2010 Resolutions/Goals:
Some people swear by New Years Resolutions, others think that you should be improving throughout the year. I view it as something like your annual performance evaluation at work. You should be doing things to improve throughout the year, but the New Year is a good time to review your goals and come up with goals for the new year. Here are a few of mine:
- Trust my gut. It never seems to lead me astray, and I usually end up regretting it if I ignore my instinct.
- Certain people/situations never change....so I need to change how I react to them.
- Stop saying "I'm going to be late if we don't....." to my kids. Most of the time, we are running behind because I had to get one more thing done (workout, cleaning, etc) before we left the house, and didn't take into account how much longer it takes to get out the door with two kids.
- Train hard for 2010....I want to work really hard in my second season as a triathlete and represent my team well.

No comments:

Post a Comment