Monday, March 8, 2010

My Favorite Recovery Drinks

I just ordered my first First Endurance nutrition products, and I can't wait to try them out. (I have heard great things). As I start to focus on race nutrition, I had to reflect on my favorite recovery drinks up to this point.

When I was training for the Marine Corps Marathon, chocolate milk became my favorite recovery drink. Believe it or not, chocolate milk serves as an excellent recovery drink. Check out more information on chocolate milk here.

While chocolate milk is a great recovery drink, it is not my favorite. My favorite is probably not as nutritionally sound but definitely quenches the thirst. On our recent trip to Florida, I tested out the recovery drink "suggested" by some of my tri buddies (names omitted to protect the innocent...hee hee). I like mine on the rocks with salt. :)


1 comment:

  1. Hi Kiersten,

    I am a competitive distance runner and I also blog for a new high protein recovery drink called Athletes HoneyMilk. It's a natural product, 26 grams protein and 26 grams carbs, all the sugar comes from honey. Obviously I'm biased but I've been using it for a couple months now and love it! Given your quest for the right recovery drink, thought I'd share this info. Hope you check it out www.athletesmilk.com and good luck with your training and racing.

    happy training,
    Michael (@miguelrunner)

    ReplyDelete